Sunday, January 15, 2012

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem

Hi. My name is Tricia. (Hi Tricia)  And I'm a design show junkie.  Boy am I ever, a new episode of Sarah's House (HGTV) on - damn, rollout a glass of wine and leave me alone for 30 minutes.  I love, love, love designs shows and really have since HGTV came on the air.  DIY channel is also a great one if you have it in your tv package. 

So today I want to feature a house that I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE from one of those.  It was on DIY channel's show called "Family Under Construction" and it followed a family as they renovated a 120 year old home.  Their design asthetic is classic architecture with modern and industrial designs.  First of all, the series was great, it was 8-10 episodes and the the family was ADORABLE.  They're almost too cute in that they are all very pretty and even when the couple fights, they still look like they like eachother.  Not real life, but it's cool cause this stay at home mom who left the corporate world can DESIGN.  Come to think of it, not only are they a sweet, cute family, but they're super cool and edgy too. 

Not only did she design an amazing home, but they did a ton of projects themselves which I love.  CLICK HERE to go to House & Home's video that shows the AFTER photos.  I wish I had the before because they brought this baby a long way.

PS - if you're not sure which design shows are worth your time, here are my faves:

HGTV:
Sarah's House
Colorsplash and Colorsplash Miami
Candice Tells All
Secrets from a Stylist
Dear Genevieve

DIY Network:
DIY Addict
Family Under Construction
All the Crashers (Bath Crashers, House Crashers, Yard Crashers)

No comments:

Post a Comment