Monday, September 24, 2012

Plagerism, I mean Imitation is the highest form of flattery!

It's pumpkin pickin time!  Or, it's grab a pumpkin while getting paint at Home Depot time!

I saw these pumpkins on one of my favorite blogs a couple weeks ago and have been dying to try.






















These are done by the great gal over at My Sweet Savannah  , here's the LINK to that post.

So last night, I plunked down in front of the TV for about 30 minutes (I know, unheard of right?) and of course couldn't just sit and watch TV so I taped up my newly purchased pumpkin.  Cause, why be "normal" as my husband always mockingly asks me.  It was an easy process.  My daughter cut strips of tape for me to keep it rolling.

















I simply did a light coat of gloss black Krylon spay paint and let dry (not long enough) for about 30 minutes. I forgot to take a picture after I painted it, but before I removed the tape - but picture a glossy black pumpkin and you get the picture.  Here's how she turned out!

















I also had a can of yellow and white spray paint (and every other color in the rainbow) and decided to do a candy corn pumpkin.  Ideally these are done with a taller, oblong pumpkin, but I still think it turned out cute. Just prop the sucker up on something so you can paint the bottom, do light coats from the bottom of yellow, then from the top of the white paint.  Key to keep the finger light so you don't go down too far on the pumpkin.  Also, if you use too much paint, it drips down through the grooves of the pumpkin. (you can actually see previously described glossy black pumpkin in the background)

































Here's a crappy phone picture of how they looked on the porch, of course I moved them well before they were dry and ended up soaking in the tub to get the paint off my hands. But you get the picture.  I really want to paint my plastic mum pots black.  Hope to get that finished this week!






















TAGS: fall decorating, pumpkins, halloween

2 comments:

  1. I'm def chevron'ing pumpkins this year (darn, wish I had seen this last year). Thanks for the plagerism tip .. oooh, I mean imitation inspiration haha. Have a Great day! | http://adasinteriordesign.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, easiest project ever with such a WOW - i just love those! Going to do them in a slew of colors this fall!

      Delete